American journalist, Kimly Denim, thought again about the man she met crossing the street in the center of the city of Chiang Mai. Something about him had left her feeling like a fluttering teen. Was it his eyes? She closed her own and visualized his gaze. Did he really have gray eyes? It wasn’t merely his appearance. Yes, he was handsome, but he wasn’t the first handsome man she had ever encountered. There was something different about him. She closed her dark eyes and mentally chastised herself. She remembered the reason she had made the trip to the Asian country: The News Article. Humans. Slavery. Sex Trafficking. The last diversion she needed while navigating her way through this inhumane darkness was the distraction of a man.
Soon Kimly finds herself pulled into the darkest areas of the Slave Trade, as she is pursued by the Prostitution Lord, SuSuk. Kimly flees the large city and heads north to the border of Burma. Travel through the foreign landscapes with Kimly and be pulled into the story of the slave child Noi.
Can Kimly trust her contacts? What is happening to the children in the border town of Mae Sai? Can Kimly believe there is a God when such atrocities are happening all around her?
The Story of Jackie and Kimly
Almost four years ago I wrote an 85,000 word fictional manuscript about a woman at a crossroads in her life. I named her Kimly because I saw her as a fierce lioness with a limited view of the strength she possessed. At the time I didn’t realize how significant Kimly’s story was to my own struggles. I also didn’t see how prophetic Kimly’s journey was to my own.
Within the manuscript I also unearthed the parallel story of a young girl sold into the sex trade. When readers are drawn into Noi’s story of slavery and abandonment they will discover a story that is stimulating and triumphant. Reading the story allows readers to travel through the streets of Thailand on a life changing adventure filled with hope.
Kimly’s Next Move
It’s time to move forward and give Kimly’s Trade a life outside of the Sill home.
- We need to be seen by a professional editor.
- We need artwork for the cover.
- We need to purchase a publishing package.
- We need to raise money to make these things happen!
- We need you to CLICK HERE to help us make these things happen
Let’s Be Real…it’s The Story of God
Hashtags are great, and they are a catchy way to file photos and events. But, #TheStoryofDavidandJackie means nothing, while The Story of God means everything.
- Kimly’s Trade is the story of God’s redemption and restoration.
- Time and again, God has been faithful to use stories as a means to spread the message of the gospel to people who might not hear about His love.
- It’s time for that to happen again.
We can’t publish Kimly’s Trade without your help.
- I am asking for donations to help fund Kimly’s Trade. Make a Donation HERE
- Look through the PERKS on the Indiegogo site and and pick the one that works for you!
- Share the campaign for Kimly’s Trade!
- Use the Indiegogo share tools and share about this campaign!
- Pray for our marriage. Pray that we would be diligent in doing the things we have learned to remain steadfast and faithful.
- Pray for the writing. As we are revisiting Kimly and Noi, pray that God will be glorified through their stories.
PLEASE go to Indiegogo and help us reach our goal! CLICK HERE and help us reach our goal!